Ah, bonding - my favorite topic. Here's my situation:

I have an outdoor run of RNC (PVC) which is interrupted at one point with a 6x6x4 metal raintight box, installed to accomodate the number of bends in the run and for ease of pulling. There will be no equipment or devices in this box; the conductors will merely be spliced together.

My question is this: What do I need to do to insure proper bonding/grounding of this box?

NEC 250.4 (A)(2)-(4) requires that (2)"Non-current-carrying conductive materials eclosing electrical conductors...shall be connected to earth..." [grounding] and that (3) "Non-current-carrying conductive materials enclosing electrical conductors...shall be connected together and to the electrical supply source..." [bonding].

Furthermore, 250.86 requires grounding (and bonding, according to editorial notes in the 2005 Handbook) of all metal enclosures.

My intent is to install a lug in the back of the box and attach the grounds there. But how does this satisfy the "shall be connected to earth" portion of the above-mentioned 250.4(3)? Furthermore, do I need to install a bonding bushing where each conduit enters the box? (remember: metal box, but NON-metallic conduit.)

Thanks for any and all input!