I'm an Industrial Electrician. There are several Sub's that we work around that Exceed the highest available flash suits. It Means we cant work around them while they are live.
As Far as that goes, We believe that working in higher category flash suits presents more of a problem than a solution, meaning all of that bulky gear is more likely to cause an accident. But at the same time If someone is specially suited up they are more likely to pay closer attention to what they do.
We have all been given training for all levels, and cotton coverall's for low calorie tasks. Everyone has to go thru a day of training before they can even start to work, and they watch the video's of equipment arc faulting.
Just learning how breakers react to faults and everything else that goes along with 70E will prevent the vast majority of causalities. Allot of Electricians don't understand the exponentially deadly potential that large services carry IMO.
Every Panel we Build nowdays is designed with 70E in mind, No more motor starters in the same panel as control. Working with live equipment is a thing of the past (Any MCC Bucket). Troubleshooting takes forever. Allot of days I wonder why I am still an Electrician. And it's expensive for the customer. But they make the rules.
I could go on punching holes in 70E but somehow the whole jist of it makes sense.

It's Not The Fall That Kills You...
It's That Sudden Stop At The End