I like that last line.. [Linked Image]

What I would like to do is offer service/maintenance contracts to the residental customers. Even if it is a semi or annual check up of there electrical system.

Let me explain it another way.. How many times have you gone to a job and found something potentialy dangerous. You know what is wrong but the average homeowner does not know.

Take my last service upgrade for instance. The service wires going to the meter were so dry rotted there were exposed stands against the house. Now imagine a nice rainy day and someone was to put there hand on the wet wall that the service wires ran against. ZAP!

When I showed the homeowner what I had found he did not know it was that bad or he would of had it done a long time ago. See he just did not know how bad it really was. That is what I want to prevent.

I bet we all know of at least 10 houses off the top of our heads that have been burnt down due to electrical faults. Not saying that it is caused by faulty installations. But lets face it over time things get worn, broken, or just damaged from years of wear and tear. By offering the customer a service contract, we are able to locate potential dangers before they become a tragady. I mean what does it really take for us to go and check out a house for potential dangers? Then if there is something wrong, we can show them, and explain what is wrong. And being they have a service contract. (Depending on what you charge.) You can offer the repairs at a discount or even include it with the contract. Ie. a broken duplex recep. or broken toggle switch.

I have a lot of respect for what I do as I am sure most everyone else here does as well. But the thought of seeing a house burn down makes me wonder if it was caused by electrical purposes. If so, could it of easily of been prevented by a mere checkup.

Gotta run..

James