Is there anything in the code that would prohibit using a 200 amp panel with a 200 amp main breaker as a sub panel that is fed by a 90 amp breaker. The reason I would consider using the 200 amp, is to get the amount of circuits that I need in replacing old fuse panels with one breaker panel. The wire size feeding the old fuse panels is probably #2 as far as I can tell at this point ( wasn't able to identify it completely ) but it is fed from a 90 amp breaker. In the event that the load does get up to 90 amps or so, the outside breaker would trip, so the 200 amp is just really used as a means of disconnect for the sub panel, which I know is not really necessary since there is a main outside, but just for convenience purposes, I am thinking on putting one if I can. House belongs a 86 year old man and the panel will be in the basement. My other option would be to run 125 amp wire maybe and put 125 amp panel that might have barely enough room for the circuits. I don't know if I can get a bigger than 125 amp breaker to fit in the 200 amp panel outside or not. Any input would be appreciated. Normally I wouldn't do it like I mentioned above, but I need more circuits than a 100 amp panel can give me.. Thanks .. Steve