I have a 6 foot long trough runnung from an interior wall to a 600 amp distribution. Trough is chase nippled to raintite ductwork outside to a CT cabinet. I had one inspector pass the job saying everything was acceptable but had to have another inspector come back to inspect some sprinkller pipes that were routed near my trough and equipment. The second inspector failed my installtion.

Had to call in the chief inspector to make a ruling. He said both inspectors were wrong and is now taking the matter under consideration due to existing site conditions (old building being froced to comply with current codes, next to impossible site conditions, low basement ceilings, utilties all over basemrent etc.) Chief said that NEC does not allow rigid conduit or trough to carry unfused conductors inside the building, thats news to me!!
We were forced to work with what we had. Any article available to save me some aggrevation? I don't want to be forced to remove the trough if I don't have to. We've got 3 sets of 300 MCM in it, we'll neve get that through a 4 inch condolet!