Thanks Greg:

I was simply expressing my personal opinion and was thinking out load. I am not looking for any business here, and at one time and even now there are sites who ask to be paid for information, such as over on the Expert Area at Bob Villa's board.

I have no problem with the questions, and I apologized, and if we were all in the same room and we were able to express ourselves we would laugh at the whole issue.

I didn't read Charlie's post but I can imagine what he said!!

When I see him again I am going to challenge him to a beer bust!!

Bill I watched the whole thing and I still don't understand what the problem was.

Joe seemed shocked that Mustang was actually asking questions about things that he was doing in his business and that perhaps he should be paying for the advice.

Others pointed out that this was the Electrical Contractors discussion group and the free exchange of information was one of the objectives of the group.

I thought it was over. Then it seemed to get out of hand.

Vote me for "free exchange of information". Anything we can do to help our trade in making safe installations for the customer is a win all the way around.

I have nothing against people who sell knowledge but I respect people who are willing to give it away.

I have to say Joe is probably the single biggest contributor to my knowledge in my early days, along with Harold Endean and the others from the old Secret Society of Electricians.

They never charged me a cent.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant