the plumbers put black on ground
Sound like the automechanic syndrome again.

Is there any 12 step programs available for this certain disorder??? [Linked Image]
Would apply to either the installer, or the person injured from the installation [Linked Image]

***And now for something completely different***

I was at one of our Bank Branch Remodel projects this morning for Supervision of subs, plus reference sub EC's and existing for As-Builts [got to leave by 10:00 AM!! 5:00 AM to 10:00 AM = kick back day [Linked Image]]

Anyhow, when I was verifying the existing service[s], got to check out one of the very few, and probably last, 480 volt ungrounded Delta's that I have/will see[n]!!!
This is an old Building - most likely Circa 1945. It has two separate 400 amp 120/240 1 phase 3 wire gear sections, fed from probably two separate 1 phase transformers [not able to verify this, but that was common for the time period on these types of Commercial structures]. The "Power" stuff [ACs, Pumps, etc.] is fed from the above mentioned 480 volt 3 phase 3 wire Delta - which is also a 400 amp section.
Did some voltage tests on it [just for personal interests] and found out it was ungrounded by the way my Wiggy reacted on a L-G test. The Capacitive Coupled circuit was very apparent from the way the Wiggy "Tried" to register a reading.
So I went to the truck and brought in the Digital meter - semi-low loading effect, not a really high input Z meter].
L-L readings swayed from 475 VAC low to 493 VAC high.
L-G readings were 278 VAC low to 345 VAC high.

Wanted to share this extremely important information with all of 'ya!!!

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!