>I have no reason to disbelieve the claims or "theories" of nuisance tripping.
I have little reason to believe it. It is not much of a theory. A theory would explain how it happens with a real equation. Saying that hot and neutral could easily have an imbalance because of switches in the hot does not explain much if there are no switches downstream from the GFCI.

However, I have been considering this theory and I'll work on it when I get a chance.

>Isn't a Refrigerator a Grounded Appliance and should therefore trip a breaker if the frame becomes energized?
Yes. But it your child breaks the light bulb and sticks his finger in it, do you want to wait for 50 amps to flow before the breaker trips?

>Why the argument about removing it from the GFCI?
Where was this?

>From working in the field I have seen many times where a GFCI has tripped for no apparent reason at the same time as a lightning storm or during some unusual power event. Take that as you wish.

I haven't seen this. Did you test all of the equipment on the circuit to insure that it was free of ground faults?

>If you want to ignore what seems to be the general consensus that's up to you.
It's not a matter of ignoring it. I don't ignore it. I caution people that GFCIs are rumored to have nuisance tripping. I don't normally install GFCIs for refrigerators. I would recommend against using a GFCI for a freezer.

>I would suggest that you start a topic under the Theory section if you want to delve into it further.
Is that an order?

I can quite readily explain why lightning exposes existing ground faults. A leak of 3 mA at 120 V readily becomes a leak of 6 mA or more during 300 V surge.

Pinched insulation may not leak at 150 V but does breakdown at 300 V.

Copper dust may not leak much at 150 V. But at 300 V, it arcs over and makes a good ground fault.