Any of you get up to this kind of stuff. As a student at uni I was a nerdy one (had to be), anyway late night parties in the dorms really annoyed me (I had to study and get sleep thereafter and returning drunk students who turned on music and lights at 2am really wound me up), so I had a solution to shut the lights and the power off for our residence block from my room. I had a electrical plug where neutral and ground were bonded. Stick the thing into the outlet and it would trip the main breaker for the residence block based on the fact that it registered a "earth leakage" (non US electrical system) any attempts to isolate the branch circuit for my room had no effect as it was neutral current tripping the earth leakage main breaker. Without lights and music the party fizzled and I got a decent nights sleep, next morning remove the plug and all is well again with no evidence of foul play on my part and nothing to link me to the stunt. Having reread that - boy that was mean - oh well who cares they should have stayed out.

Edited for typo.

[This message has been edited by Ann Brush (edited 10-20-2006).]