On the subject of 'sleeving cables' or 'sleeving wires', I think it would be ok in situations in which you are attempting to repair wiring that had been already cooked by too much heat, typically in fixture outlets. In the situation where one is in a continuous ambient heat situation, like in a fixture, or hot portion of an attic, high temperature sleeving will result in the conductor running hotter and transferring the heat to the unsleeved area of the wiring.. which wouldn't be any different than any other higher temperature rated wire. So, with this in mind, it makes sense to me that if you are going to sleeve some wire, make sure you do it out into the cooler ambient area, so the heat can safely dissipate. This would be practicable in some fluorescent fixture where you can get to the individual conductors, I suppose, but it would be cheaper to just replace the wire! Sleeving the cable makes no sense because the individual wires' insulation wouldn't hold up and eventually would carbonize and fault to ground or short out inside the jacket..this is the problem that Don alluded to. Redsy, just what context was the manufacturer referring to when stating that sleeving could be a fix?