What kind of "in use covers" do you use for outside receptacles? Lowes did sell one from Carlon I think, that looked pretty decent. It was clear and had sort of a half moon front on it. It really was the best looking that I came up with for a while. The only problem with it was when you were putting it on, the front cover always would drop and get in the way of putting the screws in. I was afraid to try to take it off; afraid it would break. The Intermatic type, I don't like at all. The looks are in my opinion, are "tacky", with all the "tabs" on the sides and tops, and
don't at all look professional, and actually I'm ashamed to put it on a person's house. I found one at Home Depot that looks decent and actually is pretty easy to install, but when you go to tighten the outlets up, I'm afraid the plastic is going to break behind the screw head. I think the name is "Maxi fit" or something like that. I have used the metal ones before from "Red Dot", but some customers want a clear one, and the Red Dot ones seem to be limited of how high you can raise the cover. Has anyone ever used one from Steel City? I have a chart that shows one, the name on the cover says "Perfect-Line" but I can't find it on the Raco site or any other search I've tried so far. I don't have any distributors that supplies them as far as I know. Surely I'm not the only one that sees the need for a good quality "in use cover". You'd think the manufactures could come up with something that looks good and works good. Thanks for the input. Steve...

[This message has been edited by sparkync (edited 08-31-2006).]