Heck, cell phones have steadily become worthless pieces of dog doodie since it has become "hip" to have your camera/Video Recorder/MP3 player/day planner/dog walker/back scratcher/microwave oven/photo album, etc. in your cell phone!!
You clearly haven't discovered the joys of a full converged smartphone! Once you go Treo, you'll never go back. Shoot, I can even browse & post to this forum on it. And if I didn't have to worry about security regulations (stupid workplace ban on camera phones), it would be my digital camera/camcorder to- as it is, I have a separate digital camera/camcorder about the same size that I also have to carry. All the devices now share so much of the same components- why carry 2 batteries, 2 CPUs, 2 memory cards, 2 shiny metal cases, 2 LCDs, etc, when you scan slap a lens on a cell phone and an antenna on a PDA and have one awesome device that's actually smaller than my "just plain cell phone" was 4 years ago?

Really, who needs pagers anymore when you can get full-up email pushed right to your phone?

[This message has been edited by SteveFehr (edited 08-12-2006).]