From the standard service contracts (and Terms and Conditions handout) I issue to my clients:

An URGENT ACTION call is defined as any equipment malfunction/failure which results in a degraded or substandard picture or sound presentation, but with minimal or no risk of damage to film or equipment;

An EMERGENCY call is defined as any equipment malfunction/failure where operation is not possible, with or without risk of damage to film or equipment.

Of course, to most cinema managers/ownwers, if the Surround speakers aren't working it's a major crisis!! [Linked Image] (As a footnote, in real terms the surround channel is second only to the subwoofer as the least critical channel in professional cinema sound. The Center channel is the most important, as it carries the majority of the dialogue.)

My rates are based on the hour work commences more so than type of call. For example, calls from 0800-2300 (8am-11pm) are standard rate, calls from 2300-0100 (11pm-1am) are double time and anything extending past 0100 thru 0800 are triple time. Base rate is $65.00/hr.

edited to add: I charge a four-hour minimum in any event.

Any call commencing at the earlier time but extending more than 1/2 hour into the next rate will be charged for applicable time within that rate scale.

The extended span for regular time reflects the usual hours for cinema work.

The hardest part though, is getting them to pay the bill!!

[This message has been edited by mxslick (edited 07-05-2006).]

Stupid should be painful.