Pieces,
Without looking at the other threads mentioned by Tiffany, I would say that you are asking the wrong question? [Linked Image]
The first thing that you need to do is determine how much it's going to cost you to do business. If you determine how much it's going to cost, it's not hard to determine how much to charge. The next question is how much business can you sell, install, bill, and collect for the next year? This is your sales goal. Then, you go out and meet that goal. Pieces, you go out there, and convince people that "you" are the man for the job, and if "you" live up to "your" word, customers won't care how much you charge because the extra that they pay you will be money well spent. Ed Tyler has a good book called "Estimating Electrical Construction", I would invest the $20.00 to buy it. "Mark Up and Profit in Construction" by a guy who's last name is Stone is another that I would read. The latter is for housing contractors, but it applies to electrical contractors as well. Keep up the fight, and good luck from Texas.
Doc
Estimator
HMEL #688

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX