Greg,
I too just left a town because my CO was on my case about doing inspections. He got mad at me because I would leave the town and not finish all of my inspections. The reason I did was because he kept adding more and more inspections on my list when I was in town. I only had 2 hours and I use to get between 4-7 inspections, then he would push it to 8-10 inspections. I finnally told him, that I would not do drive by inspecting. So the Plumbing inspector and I both quit that town. The new guy he got must be better than me, because he has all of the lic. ( plumb, elec, bld, & fire) and he can get all of the same amount of inspection that the Plumbing inspector and I both got in half the time. I can just hear my old boss going crazy right about now! LOL