Hi,

On a project we are using the 'California Style' twist lock connectors, eg the CS83-65C (similar part numbers across several manufacturers). These are rated at 50A, three phase, and there are various connector styles for different voltages. They are available as both male and female cord caps and as panel mounted inlets and outlets.

We are about to add several new pieces of equipment, and I am trying to decide if we should stick with these connectors, or change over to a different type.

These connectors are somewhat difficult to get, but not too bad (read: my local supply house can order them, I can find them online, but McMaster doesn't carry the range.) The price seems a touch high, but not too bad ($40 - $100 depending upon supplier). The biggest downside is that the connectors are three pole plus ground; no neutral. This isn't so much a problem with our current apparatus, but is a flexibility issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions for connectors that I should look at as alternatives to the CS connectors?

Thanks.

-Jon