As the "Good Book" says, "To everything there is a purpose."
As I see it, some "cordless" drills are so large, I'm going back to the cord for those jobs that need that much "oomph." I cannot, for the life of me, imagine carrying a 28 volt drill!
Now, some tools need the power. I can see a 28 volt bandsaw, angle grinder, even "Sawzall."
As for tool reviews, it is interesting that Consumer Reports came up with results that differed from those of Fine Homebuilding. I suppose I'd favor reviews by folks who actually use the things!
Let's look at the math for a moment. A tool set for $750? A Chinese generator costs maybe $350, and a corded drill at most $200. A Sawzall at most $200. Since I'm not a carpenter, I'm not sure the circular ("Skill") saw is of much value to me. Looks like the "old fashioned way" gets the nod here.