Hey Steve,
I passed my Il. Residential Contractor's Exam in 1993 in Naperville. Moved closer to the sun just about 3 years ago. No recipriosity. Florida Masters must also take a businesss law exam, I passed the BL test last month take Master Exam next month.
Electrical Code--Chapter 22 of the Code of the City of Orlando.
Sec. 22.05. Certificates of Competency
It shall be unlawful for any person to whom a certificate of competency has not been issued in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter to do any electrical construction, or make repairs, alterations, additions or changes to any existing system of electrical wiring, apparatus or equipment for light, heat or power within the limits of the City.
Sec. 22.03-1. Journeyman Electrician; Master Electrician--Qualification to Take Examination.
(1)Before an applicant shall qualify to take the Block and Associates examination for journeyman electrician, he shall submit proof of three (3) years experience. Credit for verified satisfactory trade school attendance will be accepted in lieu of experience with such credit not to exceed one (1) year and two (2) years being field construction-type experience, commercial or residential.
(2)Before an applicant shall qualify to take the Block and Associates examination for master electrician, he shall submit proof of not less than two (2) years experience as a journeyman electrician or as a master electrician, or their equivalent in some other jurisdiction.