I'll even go one step further, and this is from a customer's perspective (always helpful when you're talking marketing...).

As a consumer and homeowner who considers herself at somewhat of a disadvantage maintenance-wise, I have often wondered just what I should look for in the systems in my house that should be annually maintained to prevent those crisis mishaps - i.e. wiring concerns, electrical load concerns, draining the sludge from my water heater, etc. Is there an inexpensive device that one can use that helps ensure the safe use of electricity (I have one of those things you plug into the wall that lights up in some combination to indicate some state of correct working order, but frankly, I'm not sure I could locate it and obviously I don't remember exactly what it does.) See, there really IS a market for a simple 'once over' check and hey, if you're honest, inexpensive and trustworthy, those single gals will recommend that all their single friends have their homes' inspected as well.

My church has a 'handyman ministry' and we're attempting to put together an annual check for the households that don't have their own handyman available. If you have suggestions of what to include, please share them!