This might not be the right section, a friend from another forum led me in this direction for help with my problem.

Here's the quick story:

The electricity worked. On a Friday a few weeks ago I went to the empty house (except for a couch) and took a nap, at that time everything worked. The next day (Saturday) my brother in law came over and was in the laundry room. Next week I noticed the electricity didn't work in the two back rooms. A couple of weeks later he came again and went in the laundry room, I noticed the back two rooms were working again, then a few minutes later they weren't. So I was sure the problem had something to do with the laundry room. I went to the laundry room and checked a few things, when I turned on the dryer(220) the lights came on (they don't come on if it's on air dry, only permanent press and the other heated options).

I tried killing the power to the laundry room, that didn't help.

I have noticed this when checking out the breaker box:

There is one switch that kills power to the entire house, except the laundry room. The laundry room is an addon and can only be turned off by closing that breaker.

When I turn offf the laundry room the power in the two back rooms goes out.

Also when I kill power to the entire house they go out.

I'm still not sure what's going on, but I believe something triggered it, something that hapenned in the laundry room on that first Saturday.

I'm just hoping this won't cost me an arm and a leg.

And I don't want to run the dryer all day :-).