Bob:

On the genny, I thought I was right. Glad to see someone with more experience confirming that. It makes a lot of sense in any event to bond. (The conflicting advice was coming from the genny rental folks, BTW.)

Yes, the neutrals and EGC's are isolated in my distro panel.

Building of distros is very common practice in the entertainment biz, I've seen some which deserve Oscars(r) for quality of build (electronic volt/amp meters for each phase, Indicators for correct hookup, all breakers/recepts identified with custom permanent labels, hospital-grade recepts, etc.) and others which I wouldn't let my worst enemy hook up. (Resi loadcenters with 4s boxes offset nippled to the concentric ko's, NO backboard, feeders made with welding cable (not listed for feeder use) with brittle/cracked insulation. [Linked Image]

As for the tie-ins, IF the breaker (or disconnect switch) was already installed, yes I do my own tie-ins. I don't like to, but sometimes I have to. Although a lot of venues have their own electricians, then they tie in. My days of live lugging are long gone.

Unfortunately, it seems that Art. 520-53(k) is unheard of in most of the venues I've worked in the past. Subsections (1) and (2) don't fit with the cam-loks I've used, and subsection (3) was never posted at any place I've been. But our company had the proceedure as I'd outlined in my first post made into a laminated card which was attached to the distro and feeder cam-lok end. (Because of the near miss we'd had.)

I'm wondering since the title of Art 520 is "Theaters, Audience Areas Of Motion Picture And Television Studios, Etc." (NEC 1999) would it be possible that ceretain jurisdictions/AHJ's are under the impression that it does not apply to concert halls, stages, etc?

Art. 530 may be what they have in mind? Art. 530-22(a) reads almost exactly the same as 520-53(k). Hmmm.....

[This message has been edited by mxslick (edited 08-06-2005).]

Stupid should be painful.