Got a call from a rather upset lady. The inspector was at a neighbor's house doing an electrical inspection and noticed her mother's house had 2 meters. He went over and questioned her about the "new" meter on her garage. She told him that 2 years ago when they had the garage built on to the house the builder told her she needed another service for the garage as the house panel was full. So the builder(not an electrician)slapped on a meterbase and risor and put in a 100A used panel. The inspector told her she had 60 days to remove one of the services. She called me to come and look over the whole mess and give her an estimate to fix it. I checked with the building department and a permit was issued for this work and it had been inspected and approved for the utility to energize. The house is small and has all gas appliances and no 240V circuits. I suggested she remove the old meter and sub feed the old 8 circuit 100A panel from the newer 12 circuit panel with 4 wire SE-R cable. Her complaint is that she went through proper permit steps and got approval once, why should she have to pay to do it over? I told her the inspector is correct, that the installation is in violation now and was 2 years ago when it was done. The inspector who approved it goofed. She doesn't think she should have to change ior at least not have to pay to have it changed since it was inspected and approved. I told her to get a lawyer and call me back when someone agrees(in writing) to pay me to fix it.