Just What I thought you was going to have to do (do it hot)I'm sure the POCO people assured your helper what the danger was and told him they were first aid trained, and i'll bet a $1 he was not even close to the 25kv it would of been behind a barrier and its door closed, and your low side voltage ??? you never said what it was 240 or 208 now if it was 480 it would be more a concern. now that the cable is in someone going to have to connect it, then connect 1st at you first OCPD go back to transformer read with megger or your simpson for and resistance/grounds and connect it, tape up your wrenches 1 or 2 wraps of good tape should be enough and where rubber gloves alonf with other PPE, face shield etc.
I spent my whole career in the electric utility field and am qaulified to work things hot. I got to admit I recall seeing many EC's coming into to do work for the POCO and just assazed of what goes on, oh dont get me wrong there times when it just has to be de-energized. and the POCO I worked for would of been doing the work that you just did, but do know of other POCO's (mostly city/town owned POCO's)that require the EC to do the work you just did. maybe you should consider yourself somewhat trained now and have a market for doing it now.