I think that I was the first non-union electrician in the State to pass this test.
That's been more than 2 years ago.

The time for excuses is over. This has been Public Knowledge for more than 5 years now.

I don't believe for a second that there are many contractors out there that don't know about this. That's just another BS excuse on the long, long list.
Any contractor with "several hundred thousand dollars in the pipe" out to have his head out where the sun shines enough to know about this.
Truth is, lots just want to continue to have "Foremen" with 2 yrs experience, and "Journeymen" that have been in the trade 6 months.

I don't agree with some of the parts of this law, but I follow laws as a matter of course that I don't fully agree with every day.

Just Maybe: Many people that are in the field working as journeyman electricians are incompetent and don't belong there in that capacity. Maybe that's why they have enacted this law in the first place.
(What a unique concept, huh??)
If those that have been trying so hard to find a "loophole" or "way out" had been educating/studying rather than squandering their time thinking up "reasons" why it's not fair to them, we'd be much further ahead as a whole.

Purely my opinion...S

We've discussed this quite a few times before, and my challenge still stands untouched.
Someone give just 1 valid reason why a qualified journeyman shouldn't take this test. No excuses, please.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 04-20-2005).]