IT WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE INSPECTION

It was the night before inspection, and all over the place; electricians were working at a very fast pace; pulling in wire and making up joints, clearing the job; of any bad points!

By now, eight o'clock the next morning was nigh; and all the electricians breathed with a sigh; cause deep in their hearts, they all must have known; had anything been wrong, a fuse would have blown. At half past eight, the inspector was late, and the journeymen were all filled with anger and hate. When suddenly in the doorway, where all could see, stood not one inspector, but one, two and three! As they stood in the doorway, with their pencils and pads, it was easy to see they were already mad. Without a word, they started to list, all of the little items that we had missed. The first inspector, (boy he was a nice one), goes by the name of _____________.

He starts through the building, stretching and stooping. He calls it inspecting, I call it snooping. His stature is small and his eyes are good. He's always looking where nobody should. The second inspector must have studied the code from the day of his birth. Because every time that I build up my case, he throws a new paragraph right up in my face. So take my advice and don't try to conceal, the simplest item from __________________.

The third man, who makes up the team of three, is bigger by far than both you and me. This counted for the fact that when the punch list is read, you say (to yourself), go soak your fat head. The inspection is over and boy what a pip; I'm headed for the bar to take me a nip. When from the back room, one last word was offered, let's hang that guy, he's ________.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant