Advice like this really ticks me off!! Maybe we should go over to Villas' house and wire all his circuits this way!!

Anyone stupid enough (ok, a bit harsh but..) to ask the question he replied to certainly can't figure out what circuit an "outlet" is on, much less if it's alone, and has no business being inside the panel!!

And the cute dismissal of; "Don't plug the dryer in because it will cause a fire. Good luck."
This is a public BBS so I'll refrain from the language I'd use to this jackalope's face.

Who the heck is this giving out such dangerous and deadly advice?!?

EDIT: As a follow-up, I went to the site and found that the advice above was posted by an unregistered user of the forum who gave his name...and thankfully someone followed up with the warning that "unregistered"'s advice was a formula for fireworks!!
Frankly, if I were a site moderator there I would have deleted "unregistered"'s post due to the very unsafe advice given!!

So on one hand, I apologize to Bob Villa, for wanting to wire his house at 220. However, a big raspberry for not having someone quualified moderating that forum!

[edited for spelling]

[This message has been edited by mxslick (edited 12-19-2004).]

Stupid should be painful.