What I didn't mention was that he has a psychiatric disorder called Paranoid Personality Disorder which makes it nearly-imposibble to criticize him without major repercussions. Also, he boasted and bragged to me last week that he passed his electrical in 5-minutes with "flying colors" and that he had already sheetrocked and was in the taping phase.

I thought for sure he would flunk, since there were blatant code violations (many I didn't metion in my list in the previous post). Violations like 3 12/3s in a pancake box, 3 12/3s in a standard 1-gang nailer, 12 12/3s in a 4-gang switchbox...... I'm just mad at the inspector who is also the plumbing/framing/foundation inspector for this rural IL town. A 5-minute inspection doesn't sound too thorough on a DIYer's work - maybe for an electrician the inspector has known for 10 years.

I just want to make darn sure that he doesn't pass final. I want an anonymous way that the inspector is informed that there are serious violations that need to be corrected in this house without him saying "we got a call that someone says that this house is not code-compliant." It would take him less than a second to finger me on that. Is there some standard way to report code violations anonymously where the inspector doesn't let on to the inspectee that someone "told on them?"

Eric