Hello From South Dakota!!!

It's been a while since my last post, but I'm still hanging around in the shadows.

I have been working at this company now for 18 months, and it has become apparent that I will never recieve a thank you from the boss.

I have been in this wonderfull trade since 1989, and the one piece of advice I can give to those of you who own your own companies; Say "Thank you", "Good job", "Nice work", and "Hell of a job". Those are the best motivators I have ever found as a forman to my men.

On the other hand, if all you do is pick apart every little thing your guys do, they won't perform the way you want, and I will promise they won't be happy.

I just finished a large job in Sturgis, and the inspector gave me big kudos for doing such a great job, but when the boss showed up all he could do was to point out all the places I used extra straps on my pipe!
I finished the job a week ahead of schedual, saved 2000ft of 1", 2500' of 3/4, 5000' of 1/2, and all the wire that goes along with that just by taking a different route through the building than he bid.

I never heard anything but bad. Now I'm a little pissed.

So don't forget to say "Thank you!"

Jon Niemeyer