Hey Doug,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I can't think of a reasonable way to make the supply continous with out a factory multi meter bank. The Com Ed diagram just says typical with the multi gang meter. Not saying you could not do it another way if you can comply. If you have the basic 200 amp overhead meter socket they don't have much wire bending space as it is.

As for having to be ridgid I could not find anything saying it had to be ridgid if is is not supporting the drop. I'm not saying it not there. It can be a local Requirement. It just seems to be the way everyone does it. I take the GRC into the panel because some places require it and others don't have a written requirement but expect it.

You did not say what town it is. It sounds strange the the village inspector is enforcing Com Ed rules. Unless the village adopted Com Eds requirements I don't think they have a right to bounce you for a utility requirement. If it does not meet the utility standards they can't bounce you for it.

Sometimes you get a village that does not have much for a building department has not much for codes or amendments. They still expect it to be the same as every other place in the area. Maybe the inspector knows it would meet NEC standards and the village has nothing on paper saying what they want so he is bouncing it for utility requirements.

I'm not saying not to change anything. I'm just saying it probibly looked different from the way eveyone elce does it so it got taged. Right or wrong it does not allways pay to be different.

Let me know if you need to borrow a threader.

Tom