I am attending a business writing course to help improve my writing skills, and one of the projects to do is a research paper. Luckily we are able to choose our own topics, and were asked to keep it related to our field.

I work in the computer field, but did not want to write a research paper related to that, so I chose to write a paper on Electrical Distribution and Safety, which I have had to do some work in when laying out computer rooms.

I plan on targeting the average person, who does not have a good understanding of how the power is distributed, the safety features, why some things are done, and common mistakes.

I will start off with some basic information on voltages, amperages, and watts. I will then move into transformers, phases, and define grounded/grounding conductors.
After the background I plan on covering overcurrent protection, GFCIs, and AFCIs, and move into common wire configurations for homes and businesses.

I will then cover what can go wrong with distribution, like not having a ground, or a bad neutral, or placing to much current onto a wire.

My reasoning behind this is seeing many people claiming they can just run a wire to the nearest copper pipe to make a ground or not knowing how a GFCI works.

Does anyone have any book recommendations that I can use for reference and citing? I already plan to reference the NEC, but I would like to find a couple of books on GFCI, AFCI, and Distribution/Transformers. Even general books on electrical safety would work.