I've had a builder call me once every 2 weeks about an addition in town. First he wants to know if I'm bonded with the city and will I bid on it...(faxes a print)...I call with a question...2 weeks before he calls back...then I want to see the location of the service and the route to the addition (maybe tomorrow he says)...2 weeks go by...then can I come tomorrow.

This guy is really acting goofy, and I have this feeling in my gut that he put my name on the permit. So...I call my buddy at the building department to find out if he did put my name on the permit. I still haven't bid it because I have a general rule that if someone is goofy in the early going, it isn't going to be any better working with them. Anyway, the inspector calls back and my name IS on the permit. He's going to have a word with him and check out his lies.

My first lawyer (may he rest in peace) told me before I went in business that generals are the most friendly, personable people you'd ever want to meet, but they all lie to get what they want.

Dave