The unit is 208V 3PH 3-Wire. We do not have a disconnecting means on the unit. It is an option for us to mount a disconnect. We have a terminal block for the customers termination and a ground lug.

LRA is 691 amps. These are Italian made Screw compressors. They are Temporary Part Wind Start. You should see the amps for Direct Over Line start!

If they are running additional load off of their disconnect and my unit is rated for 800A max fuse, or 1000A max HACR breaker, then should they not have a second disconnect between the 1200A and my unit?

I would hope they are not intending to tap another load off of my panel since it is close to its maximum load as is.

As to the fourth current carrying conductor, is the neutral (grounded) conductor a current carrying conductor. I'm sure there are quite a few threads on that subject in the forums. I am working on a government job right now (cannon plugs and teflon wire) and don't have enough time to set down and do a thorough search.

Here is the disclaimer at the top of every power page we make.

To protected power source per N.E.C. For MCA value of 100 amps or less, use type 60 degree C. If greater than 100 amps use type 75 degree C. copper conductors only.

I have been told that that was to cover the licensing of our equipment. When pressed they told me to close my eyes and say "I believe."

Thanks for the information so far. Still no word from the customer as to what they had in mind.

Robert