I think it is absolutely disgusting that people think what a person drives means anything at all.

The sister in law just got a job at a winery. Finally all that money and time to get a degree in Microbiology will pay off for her. Before she moved she really wanted to get a new vehicle to replace here beater of a 80 something Chevy Cavalier. I laughed at her and told her if she thought anyone cared what she drove she was shallow and off her rocker. Guess I'm wrong and in the minority.

When I see a guy pull up in $60,000 of brand new shiny lifted truck with all the goodies I don't think right off the bat he's a good electrician. I just know what my money is going to.

When I see someone pull up in a beater I don't assume he's a hack. Rather I identify with not having the money or wanting to spend the money on something that will be beat-up during the course of a hard lifetime of work.

My work truck is a rotting 1991 F350 with a walk in steel utility bed. It is starting to look pretty bad and beat up. My clothes get dirty at work and so do I. Sometimes my hair and beard get a little scraggly during a stressful week at work. Who do you think customers specifically request come to their home or business when they call my boss? Yeah...they ask for me. A persons actions and words are the only thing that count. Keep in mind that one alone means nothing, actions AND words.

The things a person has or wears also bear no statement about their financial status. Some of the grubbiest uneducated yet hardest working people I know are millionaires. I would have never known. This 72 year old man has nothing. Drives a beater his equipment is old but maintained and yet he owns and operates the largest excavating company in his area. Pulls in millions of dollars, lives in a tiny home and owns no toys, does most of the work himself, go figure.