Dave:
I have to agree with you 100% about UPS!

I've been a RUUD customer since 1987, and UPS has become brutal in the last few years. It's a shame that a quality item, packaged in a quality manner can be destroyed in transit. The cost of damages must be staggering lately.

24 1000 watt MH sports bulbs arrived...4 cases, overpacked in an outer bax, with about 1" of dead space on all sides....yes, 23 of the bulbs were destroyed!!

CF wallpack fixtures, 6 pcs, 1 box, packaged very well, polycarb lenses; the lenses survived, the interior components of the fixtures, and yes the bulbs were destroyed.

A while back, I had two 45' poles, they shipped by a trucking co, other than Allstates (who are great with poles). The poles arrived in a shipping container looking like they were dragged from Wisconsin to NJ. Two replacements arrived within a few days. The funny part about this is I received a phone call from a guy in St Croix, US Virgin Islands about 6 weeks later asking me why 2 poles were in the "empty" container that was dropped at his location??? I guess they are in the ocean somewhere now??

I'm going to try FedEx ground for the next order if it's available...

John

[This message has been edited by HotLine1 (edited 09-24-2004).]

John