It may have even generated out of your ISP? Certain spyware virus's will "watch" trafic, and and fill out "form letter" type virus filled e-mails to be sent from any host. Unfortunatley these form letters are set up to have information that will be familiar to you, so you will open it the can of worms, so to speak.

I recently dropped my former ISP, because they could not control the amount of attacks on their system. I got constantly bambarded by e-mails asking to "Re-new my account info" Saying that they lost all of my credit card information that was used for billing. Account number and CCV #, a few asking for my Social.

Hackers and scammers are everywhere, now all they have to do is write a simple program and walk away. If good enough, they are undetected by five degrees of association (Figurativley).

Funny thing is, hackers are required to be able to track these guys down. Someone has to write a virus to attach, that will ping back the path and final destination of stolen information.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason