I did misunderstand, we were 5 days without power (we are the lucky ones) and that can mess you up in the head somewhat. When I organize my photos I will post a photo of what our cables look like after the storm.

Bill, thank you for your welcome and the valuable link. I will include the link in our reports as a reference.

Aland, thank you for your reply in the few cases we have seen thus far the mastheads, risers and overhead lines are a mess. The power companies are cutting some lines to some peoples houses till the homeowners get electricians to work on the equipment that is the homeowners responsibility.

We will be recommending that any wall or ceiling containing receptacles, switches, fans etc that have sustained water damage be replaced by a licensed electrician.

We are visibly checking overhead lines, masts for stress, exterior/interior panels for water/moisture intrusions.

Is there anything in addition that may be hidden from view that you guys uncover or think you may find in this situation that we can relay to the homeowner to convince them to have an electrical contractor perform a full evaluation of the electrical system once the power is on? Do you think a full evaluation is necessary when the majority of damage is water related? Note: We do not have any flooding (rising water).

The work that you guys do save lives, we are here to convince the consumer the importance of hiring a licensed electrician in lieu of their neighbor Bill or Bob from Georgia that is here to take an advantage of the situation. The more info we have the easier it is to convince our customers to do the right thing and hire a licensed electrician.

Believe it or not, in alot of cases the homeowner does not fear messing around with their and their friends electrical systems.

Sincerely,
EB