I was looking for someone to converse with about this, and thought that it may be confusing to just dump all the info on the forum, not knowing if anyone knows about sky angel or dish. but since you guys responded....

Typically the Dish points to 119 and 110, like Hal said. These folks are going to use Sky Angel, which is at 61.5. They aren't using Dish at all, just Sky Angel. so instead of 2 or more satellites to aim at, they're just shooting for one. Now, the kit they have has 2 receivers, so they can run them in 2 different rooms. And they have a DishPro twin LNBF, which is the part that picks up the signal from the parabolic dish. The LNBF has 2 jacks, one labled "1" and "119" and the other "2" and "110". So if I'm aiming it for just the one at 61.5, and I run cables from both jacks to the receivers, will that work, to send the same 61.5 signal where I need it? I think there would have to be some kind of technology in the twin LNBF or the receivers to do this without any kind of external switches. Which very well could be, since this all came in a kit and even with the Dish Network's 2 signals, they should both be going to the 2 receivers in the 2 rooms. The DishPro Twin LNBF is supposed to be some of the newer stuff too, so maybe it will do this.

This satellite stuff is new to me, but I've been trying to read up on as much as I can on the web, from Dish Network's site, Sky Angel's as well as a big forum specifically for satellite dish users. I called the support lines at both Dish and Sky Angel today, and they were useless. All the answers contradicted each other, and even though one of them could have correct, they all gave the impression that they didn't have any idea about it. I would think that to answer technical support calls, the person should sort of know how it works.

[This message has been edited by CRW (edited 07-21-2004).]