I apologize for posting as I am not in the trade. However, this is not a "how-to" question, and since you guys are pro's, I dont know of a better place to inquire.

Dont ask me why I was doing it, but after toggling a switch, if I put my nose right up to it and sniff I can detect an slight odor which isnt there before toggling the switch or a few moments after.

I assume it is ozone, that I can compare to say an electric blender or perhaps a corded drill. The smell is not all that strong, and disapears after a moment or too. You wouldnt notice it if you toggled the switch and smelled the air as normal, you need to literally sniff the switch.

The cover plate or switch does not seem warm to the touch at all. I took the plate off and did not see any obvious signs overheating with my untrained eye. The switch in question is a Leviton 3 way, there is also a Leviton double switch in the same box (the size of a GFCI outlet) and when I toggle those switches, I do not detect this odor nor do I detect it when I try the same thing with other switches in the house.

So my question:

I know that all switches produce an arc, and an arc produces ozone, so is this what I am smelling? And is this a concern that I should have a qualified electrician look at?