Data lines get punched down on a patch panel attached to the wall (on a nice big backboard) for connection to a router or hub. Many times on smaller or low priced jobs we will just press a RJ-45 plug on the end of the data cables for connection and forego the patch panel altogether. Voice lines get punched down on a 66 or 110 block nearby for connection by whomever. RG-6's get cut to length ready for the cable guy.

Same for me on "Simple" Residential LAN / MATV Installs.
Since there's only going to be maybe 8 Data lines used maximum, I'll just land them directly to the Switch (crimp on a Mod. Plug to the end of the cable and plug it directly into the Switch - no patch panel needed).

If needed / requested, will use a 24 port patch panel, mounted to a nice clean backboard.

Mount a 66 block there too, and terminate the voice lines to it.

Make up all the MATV (CATV) runs on the same backboard.

I have pretty much only used Leviton Mod. Jacks, which makes me kind of biased! They have done well for me so far.

If you are planning to include these Low Voltage System installs, that's a good benefit for your Company.
It will be a good additional specialty type design / install area for your Company.

Try to get as much "Non-Biased" information on how to perform these system installs. Many here have lots of experince in these systems and may offer advice + references (as you have seen in this thread).

Wireless Home LANS (WiFi / IEEE 802.11) is catching more interest, but it is only 1/4 - 1/6 of the low voltage systems used.
There will be hard wired systems - such as MATV (CATV), Voice Lines, Audio, Security / CCTV, Intercom, and the like.
Include WiFi in your installations and training / knowledge base, as you will likely be the one setting up equipment on many Wireless home LANs.

As an extra helpful package, being quite comfortable and familliar with PC Hardware installs + troubleshooting is a very good idea.

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!