We are in the final stage of the job. The service is one of the last things to do. I collected a rough draw 5 months ago. I dont know why it took so long for them to get us back in for trim. Someone stated in a previous post that eng. specs. usually go large on the service. Are they in bed with suppliers? Who is cheating who? This engineer also spec. bolt in panels, a $1200.00 surge suppressor, an aic rating of 24, which I talked him down to 22. A lighting package in excess $15,000 with low voltage lights galore all for a shell with cubicles. I spoke with the gc and the owner and we got the lighting down to $8000. I have basically helped the owner/gc every way possible to cut cost that was not within my bid, so I guess I neeed to go to them, instead of the engineer, and try to explain why they do not need a 350 mcm service so I do not lose profit on this job. I didnt mean for this thread to be morally oriented, but now that it has become such, I again ask is there a need for 350 mcm on a 300 amp service? Any engineers wish to reply??
Thanks, John