The motor nameplate says 14 amps FLA at 120 volts. I installed controllers for the intake fan (that doubles as a swamp cooler) and the exhaust hood fan (8.7 amps at 120/208 V-3 phase) next to the CB panel. I use the N.O. auxikkary contacts on the exhaust controller to energize the intake cooler. Flipping a switch energizes the coil on the exhast controller.
I built an 18" wide by 48" tall "wall" out of treated wood next to the swamp cooler. All that was in the cooler was a single speed motor and a small sump pump with a cord. I ran 1/2" EMT from an outdoor box with a disconnect mounted on the wall through the case of the cooler then adapted to 1/2" flex to the motor. I ran #10 wire for the cooler motor and installed a 20 amp breaker and #12 wire for the exhaust fan.
When the fire supression system is installed on Wednesday I will figure out how to install the interconnect that kills the intake fan in the event of a fire.
I drilled a hole in the cooler case to bring out the cord on the sump pump and I will plug it into a GFI I will mount on the wall.
What concerned me about this puppy is that the inside of the cooler is often wetter than the outside enviroment. Any kind of a plug inside the cabinet seems unwise.
I am not looking foreword to terminating the #10 in the tiny motor connection compartment.
Thanks for all your help guys. Think this will work?
bob