In the late 80's, I did a PM program for a large chain. They had approximately 85% Square D panels, 10% Cutler Hammer, 5% other. 600 stores, I bought a case of QO120's, 220's, etc to start, along with a case of CH like breakers. I never did buy more QO's, had to repurchase CH about 3 more times, moderately loaded to nearly unloaded breakers exceeding their heat parameters.

Zoom to around 2000, lotsa CH medium voltage gear on a large project, lotsa CH 480 volt gear. Folks, they don't have a QC plan that is evident. Somehow I lost the videotape of a training session where the factory rep is reaching into a 480 volt gear to explain something to the group assembled, the wiring harness had been shorted by a cut bolt on the door, lotsa flames, smoke, and sparks, no on damaged but I don't expect those BVD's ever came clean.

We replaced a piece of weatherproof Buss-duct 3 times before I left that project, not damaged it would just blow - I had pushed for not using the bd in that case, but CH swore they made the best in the business.

Nuff said,

Square D - engineering department hard to nail down, but they back their stuff and don't ship trash.