I know it's a bit trivial, but I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that the Eagle name has dissapeared from all new wiring devices.

I know Cooper bought Eagle Electric a couple of years ago and after the sale dropped a lot of Eagle's obsolete-ish products (most of the non-dead front plugs, for instance).

Why drop the venerable and well-known Eagle name and start stamping everything with a lesser-known name (I didn't know who Cooper was until I found out they bought Eagle).

Hubbell has kept the brands that they've bought (Raco for boxes, Bryant for devices, etc.). When I look for a device box, I look for Raco, not Hubbell and likewise when I go for a device; I look for either Hubbell or Bryant, not Raco.

Even Leviton has kept and uses its Snap-It (small plugs), Pacific Electricord and A.I.W.C. (wire) brands.

Sure we know they're all owned by one company but the BRAND RECOGNITION is still there (just like the Bee and Bicycle and other poker-card brands owned by the US Playing Card company and all the toothpaste brands put out by Cheeseborough-Ponds).

If I want a tool, I look for Cooper, but if I want a fuse, I look for Bussman, not Cooper.

If I want a plug or a socket, I want Eagle, not Cooper.

Yet, everything is starting to be re-branded "Cooper Mexico".

Wonder what gives? *shrug*

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. [Linked Image]