Ange,

It is a 2 room studio (control room and live room). They aren't very big but very well designed (I hired a designer but I'm doing the work myself). As far as isolation techniques, lots of double 5/8 drywall on RC channel. I also used lead impregnated vinyl barrier in strategic places. And LOTS of acoustic caulk ($$ . . .enough to pay an electrician to wire it for me : )

I am being swayed to just run the 12/2 NM . . . but it isn't really that much more $$ to do an IG and let's face it, lots of studios have those interesting "orange" plugs that say, "I have special power."

I know if I'm running a dedicated circuit NM to a plastic box then it is IG, but I think I would feel better if I just ran the IG to spec. . . doesn't take anymore work and marginally more money.

Anyway . . . I'm really excited about the studio. The control room will rock . . . diffusors on the back wall, acoustic clouds in the ceiling, cloth lined walls with acoustic baffles in between.

. . . oh and real clean power!

I also just got a sweet A/D coverter. A disconiued model from Panasonic called the WZ-AD96. You can pick up 8 channels for $750 . . . but they are getting hard to find. If you are going digital, I highly recommend it.

Thanks,
Mike