sanUK,
If you put the lights directly under the tree, they will only light up the lowest of the branches.

Yep this is what was annoying me, its not that thick with branches at the base, but the light would obviously get blocked at some point on the way up.

How tall is the tree?, I used to live next to one of these trees and they get pretty big.
I don't think that the customer would want it lit right to the top, would they?.

Im bad at estimating from memory, but as you say "Pretty tall" say 35 -40 ish Meters [Linked Image], The way he was talking i think he does.

One other thing, is to make sure that where you position your luminares, that they will not annoy any of the nieghbours, there is nothing like a bright light shining straight in your bedroom window, especially if it is not yours!.
Hope this is of some help.

No chance in that, as he has a huge garden, should have said he lives in a mansion.

I'd personally go with your own idea, but bear in mind that you are probably going to need narrow beam spot fittings.

Yep was looking on THORNS website and will suggest to him either the "Pinspot" or "Sunspot" luminare, also will suggest housing each luminare in one of their Ground recessed boxes which look nice.

Thanks for the input.

lighting designer
I will ask lighting manufacturer for suggestions, but as Trumpy said will need a narrow Beam. And ive found a few fittings that look good solutions.

[QUOTE].Gasoline and a match/QUOTE]

Now that would be cool [Linked Image]