Both are good replies.
On reflection, I think we’ve gone about this EV thing exactly backwards. You don’t create / inspire progress by passing a law. Is was bad enough when the NEC unilaterally went against countless rental leases and mandated “laundry receptacles” in ALL residential units. Look at what that did to apartment design!

With ambitious EV mandates scheduled to kick in by 2035, just imagine what the effect will be. I might make my fortune selling antacid tablets to PoCo engineers. Imagine the effects on city neighborhoods, many of which already face decaying power grids.

Add in replacing gas heat with electric, and we might see individual apartments calling for 200-amp services and modest homes moving into CT-metered services. At that point, single family homes will become a thing of the past.

As for my customer: I’m comfortable “reviewing” my calculations until the 200-amp service sails past inspection. I’m certain, for example, that I can free up plenty of watts simply by actually measuring the inside room dimensions, rather than using the assessor’s recorded square footage. Or, as Greg suggested, using a smaller charger.