Hello everyone. We're in the process of having a pool installed and recently had PVC conduit run from the service entrance on one side of the house (an all-in-one one exterior panel) through the front yard to power the pool pump and related equipment on the opposite side of the house. This 6awg 240v circuit will be fed with a new 50 amp breaker at the main panel, and will power a pool subpanel with individual GFCI breakers at the pool equipment location. The pool company's electrician was to put in a standard breaker at the main panel, but I am concerned that one day someone might accidentally cut into the underground PVC conduit (buried 24 inches) when installing sprinkler lines or the like and hit a live wire. As such, I'm having them put in a GFCI main panel breaker to protect the underground circuit even though it exceeds code requirements. Can I expect that this daisy chained setup will cause any trouble as far as false trips, etc., or is it one of those "try it and find out" kinds of things? Thanks for your input.

Last edited by newsgraphics; 05/18/19 12:42 AM. Reason: Clarification