Did some calculations for feeder conductors for a new 3PH, 575V, 25HP Rotary Screw Compressor. Then I did them several more times and I still feel like I am missing something. Friday morning I contacted the manufacturer through email but I wasn't able to see if they responded as I had an appointment that afternoon. I will check Monday morning.

Here's my concern - inside the unit's control panel, where I will be terminating the feeder conductors, I see #6 AWG TEW conductors coming off the load side of the terminal block. That is significantly bigger than what I calculated for.

Then I did some research on the 'net and found this article from a different air compressor manufacturer (which may be comparing apples to oranges):

https://www.generalairproducts.com/...-air-products-air-compressors-explained/

I will definitely be interested in talking to the manufacturer of this compressor to see what they recommend. If there was any electrical installation recommendations that came with this unit I couldn't find it.

Anybody have experience with compressors of this size and finding their conductor sizing calculations differ from what the manufacturer recommends? Thank-you.

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne