Well, having watched the video and having been an electrician in the UK for, shall we say, a very long time, I can tell you I have seen some awful stuff here. That particular "installation" is exceptionally bad, but, not uncommon.
Sad to say Trumpy, since privatisation, things are not looked into like they used to be. The DNO are only interested in the supply up to the cut-out. What happens after that point, i.e. meter and tails, belongs to the energy provider. The people they employ to fit meters and connect these to consumer's equipment, in my experience have very limited skills. They obviously have only been on a course to show them how to do this one job. I have had experience of them turning up to connect a new consumer unit, only to walk away, when they discover it is a 3 phase supply. The reason - they are only qualified to connect single phase - now work that one out!! Therefore, unless something is glaringly obvious, these people do not have the knowledge or experience to pick up and do anything about these things.
I am not going to pick up on any of the faults in that video, as I think any qualified person can see these quite easily. What I will say though, is that the government's attempt to sort this and prevent such "work" (if you can call it that) seems very flawed. They did bring in "Part P" of the building regulations, which means you have to be registered to do certain work in domestic ( yes it only applies to domestic , HSE regs apply to commercial) properties. However, to get this qualification is very easy and you do not have to complete an apprenticeship to achieve it. Plus of course, it is a self certification scheme, with a yearly check of the paperwork and an overview of a couple of jobs. This means, a lot of it is down the the interpretation (or imagination) of the person doing the work.
A while back, they also "watered down" this regulation in England (but oddly, not in Northern Ireland or Wales - Scotland having it's own rules!). At first you had to notify any electrical work in a kitchen, which was classed as a special location, now only if you add a new circuit, not adding to an existing one. The allowance to add to existing circuits in "non special" locations has always been there.
The problem is, you can still buy all the things you need to do any electrical work anywhere. Which leaves Joe public free to do what they want - and they do! Very rarely does anyone find this "work" until much later. We did, for a while, have what they called a "home buyers report" for people selling/buying property and the bad wiring was found more often during these. These also were abandoned some time ago, due to politics I guess.

I could go on and on and on, but I have written far too much now. Suffice to say, the whole thing needs sorting, but I doubt I will see that happen.

As for the neutral/earth link Trumpy, that is fitted in the service cut-out unit - but, ONLY if it is a PME (MNE) system. We still have a lot of T-NS (cable sheath earth) and TT systems ( local earth electrode only) in use here.

Sorry for the very long post!