I have a question regarding the possibility of a program for a piece of equipment "glitching" and losing it's accuracy or calibration. The piece of equipment is an automated hospital bedpan washer/disinfection unit that stopped working last week. The error on the display stated "disinfection not started". Whenever a typical wash cycle is attempted it will complete all the stages leading up to disinfection and then it stops and shows the aforementioned error code. We referred to the manual for troubleshooting and contacted the tech for this equipment but so far we have yet to solve the problem.
What we do know for sure is that in order for disinfection to occur the water temperature must reach 85 Celcius and that the water is in fact reaching that temperature (when measured with a digital thermometer). Herein lies the problem - the display only ever shows a maximum temperature of 67 Celcius. We've replaced the temp. sensor that connects directly to the I/O circuit board and nothing changes. So back to my original question - does it sound reasonable that the program is simply reading the wrong temp. and the I/O circuit board needs to be replaced?

Last edited by Potseal; 04/02/17 09:49 PM.

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne